Πέμπτη 1 Ιανουαρίου 2009

How to kill a Fel Reaver: It is all about Team Work.


There we were. Me a lvl 70 noob prot Pala and my wife a lvl 70 noob arms Warrior with a shield (?!) in Honor hold, Outlands. We were supposed to kill a Fel Reaver and get a key to unlock Shattered Halls dungeon. Yes we were supposed to do that some levels ago but... we ARE noobs.

Fel Reavers as u may allready know, are some giants made of steel. Big robots that is. They are tough and really big. Some smashing blows are usually enough to give u a corpse recover run.

Neway, we had two unsuccesful tries before we decided to look into wowhead for some other less painful tactics.

There were some people there who did killed a Fel Reaver by gaining agro and leading it to a roaming caravan of mounted ally's elites somewhere in Hellfire P. Mounted elits. In Hellfire P. Don't u just hate it being a noob? Where the heck were those elites!?

We decided to do it our noobish way. Camped near Honor hold and waited for a Fel reaver to appear. Then we planned to drag the robot ontop of the hill of Honor hold and let the NPCs and ally guards do the rest of the job for us. Quite simple plan, yes? Waiting there. Waiting. Waiting. When sudenly the earth started to rumble. Yes it was a Fel reaver allright.

me Paladin: Ok honey, u see him? Go get him baby.
her Warrior: Oh why me?
me: U go get him baby! I heal.
her: but your horse is faster. U have that aura thing that gives u extra mount speed.
me: yes and I will use it to catch up with u. Just go before he gets away!
her: Oh ok then...


and off she went. The Reaver aggroed on her allright. My wife leading the race, behind her the robot and behind them, me. I never imagined saying that...

She was heading for the cliff where Honor hold was. She got a few blows and her green bar got a little short. I just had to heal her. Got off my Charger and tried to give my baby some of my Holy Light. Damned casting time. She was out of range. I just stood there watching her go up the hill getting smashed by the Fel Reaver. There was a lvl 58 death knight dwarf next to me:

dwarf: Look at her go... she won't make it to the top.
me: shut up. We are winning.
dwarf: oh ooops! Lost her mount! She wont make it man.
me /sighs

My sweet Warrior was dead, lying half way up the path to Honor hold.

Same thing again. This time we decided to both run infront of the mob so that if one of us got dismounted and killed then the other would keep running up the hill. It worked!

I got killed by the Reaver but my Warrior companion kept on marching towards Honor hold! Woohoo! Go baby go! Victory was so so close! Just a few more yards and the NPCs would aggro on it! Just a few more yards! Just a few more... WTF!?!?

She made it to te top allright with the Fel Reaver behind her but the hold's guards just stood there watching her get killed! OMG! Come on u wooshies! Do something! Protect the hold! For the Alliance and stuff!

Hopeless! They weren't making any moves. Just like there was nothing to attack. The robot was smashing my wife right outside the inn.

me: Baby, get him over the flight master! There are many NPCs there!
her: I can't move!
me: Oh come on! it's some feet away!
her: Thunder stomp! cant mooove!


Paladin was coming to the rescue. My corpse was very near to the graveyard, got there in time, rezzed and gave her Lay on Hands. Her green bar was full again but I was oom. Not a very good thing. Specially when u r a Paladin. A noob Paladin that is...

The Reaver was smashing me now. I was watching my health going sadistically down. I got paniced. All Palas panic. It is a class thing. And what Palas do when they panic? Yes. They bubble. They bubble and heal. But how to heal when oom? I was trying to figure that out when I saw my companion gaining aggro again. Soooo... I gave her Hand of Protection. That was the solution to the riddle. How to kill a Fel reaver. I was bubbled. She was Protected. The robot just HAD to smash something.

That was when it noticed there were some other potential victims nearby. Guards. Oh, and other toons. 55's, 60's 65's. Lots of them. They all started nuking it. Mages, rogues, warriors, pets, imps... all of them. It was a feast party. The Reaver was smasshing that, hitting this... 50%, 40%, 30%... It was down.

We got what we wanted and thanked everyone.

me: Thank u legollashelf! we couldn't have done it with out your... ranged dps
hunter: np m8, got any meat?
(classic)

Number one chance for many low level toons up in Honor hold that day to get to kill a Fel Reaver yes?

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου