Πέμπτη 1 Ιανουαρίου 2009

It's aaalways a rogue... or a hunter... (or a mage, warlock, druid, shaman...)

I am Calendras. A lvl 70 Prot Paladin. I have crappy gear and I am quite inexperienced in the world of Azeroth. Commonly known, a noob. Never done Arena, Warsong, raids and tough dungeons.

I am the kind of player who gets his kicks out of wow by doing silly, safe, boring stuf. I like to farm gold. I like to explore. Doing quests. Dueling my wife, a lvl 70 arms warrior with a shield. I play wow to relax. I hate stressful situations. And I hate losing. Dying that is. I love to fly with my griffon and see the world from up above. Weird, but I love it.

Ne one in Azeroth is better than me. All classes. All races. And when it comes to dueling I politely step back and keep on minning copper and rough stones in Elwyn Forest.

But what if a lvl 60-69 toon offers me a duel? Hmmm...Tempting... Oh wait a minute! He must have those purple things on him! I don't have any. I must inspect him!

And I inspect.

Only to find out that he only wears some blues.

Now this is the ocession where the "yes" button screams at me "accept to duel allready!" And I accept the duel.

He was a level 67 hunter I think. I was sure he couldn't take me. I am lvl 70 for crying out loud! I can't be that crappy!

10,9,8...

First I would use this buff and that seal...

...7,6,5...

oh! I must drink that portion and cast this scroll...

...4,3,2...

and then I will stun him and judge him and...

...1,0...

His pet charges me. And stuns me. Oh, yes. Hunters have pets. How could I forgot that. They come with the set. They quest together, they hunt together, they duel together, they sleep together. Even if it is a boar. Big pigs that is.

And this one was a boar. It's dps was quite low and didn't worry me. Ah the heck with the pet. I'll go for it's master. Who was mystiriously stepping backwards. The woosh! ha!

Itried to get to him. But couldn't move. I was inside a block of ice I think. Hunters do that? I thought it was a Mage thing. Anyway I had to wait for it to fade. In the meantime boar and hunter were hiting me.

Then tried to approach the Hunter again. Stunned again. Ah I get it now... He wanted it the hard way. What do u do if u want to piss off a hunter? Kill his pet. I clicked his boar and started leveling it's green bar down...

80%... 70%... 60%... 50%... 60%... WTF???

Who was healing the pig? Was it the hunter? But... but... how!? he stands yards away! Was he tossing it Purina bars?

ok ok then I knew: Hunters can heal their pets. Told u I'm a noob. Time to change stradegy again. Stun the boar and get the Hunter maybe? yes! Boar stunned and my cool toon was then running towards the smelly Hunter. "hehehe! no feign death will help u now!"

As I was approaching I noticed him not making any moves. Just stood there. I thought he was trying to help his poor piggy and make it charge me again. Or he just paniced.

None of the above. He had set up a trap. Aaaand got me frozen again....

That was it. There was no way I could reach him. I tried Divine shield, chased him, shield fades, Pala steps on trap, hunter poisons pala, boar charges pala blah blah blah...

All I had to do was wait for the yellow text at the lower left corner to appear:

Hunteerdk has defeated Calendras in a duel

So embarashing...

We are the only class with no ranged dps, aren't we not? Even Warriors and rogues can use bows and rifles. Why not Palas as well? Warriors even have that thing which makes them super fast and charge an enemy from a long distance and stuns them. That is a super anti-hunters ability, yes? Why couldn't Palas have it! Or at least this poor noob pala. :(

I hear Holy paladins have that skill, holly shock? It is a very popular ability. They even call the paladins with that ability "Shockadins". Some Palas even spec Holy just to get that ranged spellcast. It would look goooood in my spellbook.

the only ranged attack ability I have apart from the Avengers Shield is my rockets. I got them at a very low level from a quest in Elwyn Forest. I think engineers make them. I buy them from the AH every time I come across them. They inflict 30 fire damage. I can hear u laughing. I use them to pull. ok?... >:(

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου