Πέμπτη 1 Ιανουαρίου 2009

the Westfall train

There we were at Westfall at level 12 or so trying to level up, me and my companion in wow and RL. It was quite a dramatic change of enviroment for the two of us after the green woods of Elwyn Forest to have to quest in the dead dry fields of this land. But every adventurer must adapt and fight his way up to the top of the best. Killing Defias and Gnolls that is.

I am a paladin and she was a warrior. Most of the mobs were orange or red to us so we had to be very careful not to get too close to them and gain agro. Now, agro was something I never fully understood what it was until then. I read about it in the battle chest manual but still I didn't figure out what it was and how it worked. English is not my first language as u may have understand by now.

Neway I think it has to do with your level compared to the level of the mob and how dangerous u r to it, yes? Something like that.

I turned out to be of no importance to the mobs in Westfal because they all agroed on my wife's toon, the warrior. At first I was thankful to the gods of Azeroth. Who wants to be chased by coyotes and murlocs in the midle of nowhere with no ally NPCs nearby to hide behind? Not me. oh no no. But then I kind of got frustraded. I mean why her and not me? Was I not a threat to them? Did't my shiny mail armor had any effect on them? Didn't my two-handed stone mace scare the bee geeses out of them? I am as deadly as this lvl 12 warrior! Come on!

It is really irritating. Me, the Knight of the Holy Light, the protector of the weak, the pride of Stormwind... was no threat to a murloc... tsk tsk tsk...

Itried blessing of strenght, judgments, I even tried mocking them, giving them the finger, yelling bad words at them. Nothing. My wife the warrior was a serious AGRO MAGNET. The mobs would spot her from miles away.

Ok I know what u might think. It should be the smell. Yes warriors smell. They smell bad. I don't believe they ever bathe. It is something about their class... Paladins have spiritual attunement. Warriors have an awful smell. I tried explaining this to my wife but all I got from her was a "not tonight honey, I have a headache" ban.

Well I just had to live with this. I could get no agro at all. Agro was the wifie's job. I would just have to get that copper nod for her while she was busy trying to flee from a coyote.

Hey!... that doesn't sound bad at all!

So there we were somewhere close to the coast of Westfal infront of a copper nod:

me: Who's turn is it?
her: Mine. U just mined the other nod in the mine. This one is mine (ah, lol)
me: ooook then sweety. All yours. No Gnolls in the horizon.
her: k, watch my back sweety.

Calendra receives copper ore
Calendra receives rough stone
Calendra receives copper ore
Calendra receives Shadowgem


her: woohoo!

Calendra is in combat

her: umm... honey?
me: yes dear?
her: there is a mob hiting me? Why is there a mob hiting me?
me: oh yes... see, I was checking the quest log and...
her: can I have hand of protection now sweety?
me: oh, yes, sure... ummm... hold on a sec aaaah...
her: it is that button with the yellow leaf inside a blue circle....
me: oh but ofcourse. I just rearranged the action bars and...
her: JUST GIMME THE SHIELD!


Calendras casts hand of protection (yes we even have common names! isn't that cute!?)

me: Ok hon' now run like the wind baby

Calendra runs like the wind
Calendra still runs
Calendra picks up another mob


me: Oh hon' watch out! I think u r heading towards a Gnoll camp

Calendra pulls yet an other mob
... and an other
... and an other

me: Ok baby u are doing just fine. Just keep running (away from your husband plz)

Hand of protection fades

me: oook then... u still have some chances...

Calendra is dead

me: u don't mind if I mine that copper nod for you, do you?
her: ...

It was funny yes. Well funny to me. And perhaps to neone else who witnessed that weired train. My companion was the locomotive and the countless mobs behind her were the vagons.

All abooooard!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου